Heartlands High School have partnered with Haringey Sixth Form to run an exciting new provision for Key Stage 4 students.
Heartlands High School have partnered with Haringey Sixth form to run an exciting new provision for Key Stage 4 students. Students will study a Sports based program leading to a Level 2 qualification as well as GCSEs in English and Maths. The course has been designed by PE teachers and senior leaders. Taught in small groups of 10–20 by specialist teachers in a bespoke area of the college. Provision allows students to engage with a curriculum designed to maximize progress for those who will respond well to a non-school setting and are interested in sport. Students will have a mix of class based sessions and practical sessions run in the colleges’ excellent sports facilities.
- Students remain on roll at the home school
- Weekly reports will be sent back to the home school
- There will be a schedule of reporting on achievement and progress to the home school and parents
- The safeguarding of students will be underwritten by Haringey Sixth Form’s safeguarding policies and procedures, with direct reporting to Home School DSLs
- Home Schools required to visit their students on site once a half term
- Students can enroll in the course from September of Year 10. The latest a student will be enrolled is the October of Year 11.
The cost of the provision is £7,000 per school year; this includes a uniform T-shirt and sweatshirt, all resources/teaching as above and access to Haringey Sixth Form services such as the careers adviser. The provision opens in September 2019.
Sports Led Learning Information Leaflet
View and download (pdf)